February 23, 2011

The Screaming Skull (1958)


Did you know that if you die from fright while watching the Screaming Skull, that the producers will actually pay for your funeral? Don't worry though, that's not going to happen cause this movie isn't scary.

Synopsis: When Eric and his new wife Jenni move into the house that was shared by Eric and his first wife, who died at the home, Jenni begins to see and hear the ghostly Screaming Skull and believes she is being tormented by Eric's dead wife. 

If I could describe this movie in one word it wouldn't be frightening, or scary, or spine tingling (wait, that's two words), it would be boring. This move drags like Ru Paul. I zoned out after about the first fifteen minutes of this movie. I had to force myself to pay attention so I could write this review.

On top of being boring, it's also not all that scary. I mean maybe this is like 1958 scary or something. Maybe it didn't take as much scare people to death back then. I mean I remember hearing that people passed out watching The Exorcist, and I just can't imagine that either. I guess it could be the times. It's also just as possible that this movie was never scary to start with.

Screaming Skull gets 2 out 5 on the Cheese-O-Meter.

Until next time, see you on the front line.

No comments:

Post a Comment